The Planet Earth Zone is running from 11 January to 5 February 2021.
It’s an online interactive activity that students can take part in from home.
The Zone is open to all school students in the UK and Ireland and is suitable for ages 10 to 18.
Your child can take part in our Open Chats:
- Primary school age: Every weekday, 2pm to 3pm
- Chat open for all: Thursday evenings, 7pm to 8pm (14, 21, 28 January and 4 February)
How can I access the activity?
- Login opens around 1 hour before an Open Chat is scheduled to begin
- To log in, click LOG IN in the top right hand corner of the page
- You’ll need to use one of your online accounts to sign up, such as Google, Microsoft, Facebook, or Twitter
- Please note you won’t be able to log in during other times
What can my child do?
- Watch the 3 CHRISTMAS LECTURES on BBC iPlayer (you can see our breakdown of what’s covered in the shows here)
- Log in to Planet Earth Zone to connect with experts working in related fields
- Click Ask to submit a question, or take part in a live Chat
What is needed?
- To take part you just need a computer or tablet, an internet connection and an online account
- Chats are all text-based (no video or audio)
- There is no special software needed – just a web browser
What is the Planet Earth Zone?
The Planet Earth Zone is an online science enrichment activity focused on our planet, its environment and geology. It is designed to work alongside this year’s Royal Institution CHRISTMAS LECTURES, Planet Earth: A User’s Guide.
Students will connect with a range of scientists and experts including geologists, environmental scientists, physicists and more. The Planet Earth Zone will also feature some of the contributors to the Lectures.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org