The Planet Earth Zone is running from 11 January to 5 February 2021.
It’s an online activity that students can take part in from home.
The Zone is open to all schools in the UK and Ireland and is suitable for students aged 10 to 18.
We’ll then send you an email with your login details.
What can my students do?
- Watch the 3 CHRISTMAS LECTURES on BBC iPlayer (you can see our breakdown of what’s covered in the shows here)
- View the profiles of experts working in related fields and ask them whatever they like!
- You can book a live Chat for your class at a time that suits
What do students need?
- To take part students just need a computer or tablet, and an internet connection
- Chats are all text-based (no video or audio)
- There is no special software needed – just a web browser
What is the Planet Earth Zone?
The Planet Earth Zone is an online STEM enrichment activity focused on environmental science and geology. It is designed to work alongside this year’s Royal Institution CHRISTMAS LECTURES, Planet Earth: A User’s Guide.
Students will connect with a range of scientists and experts including geologists, environmental scientists, physicists and more. The Planet Earth Zone will also feature some of the contributors to the Lectures.
- How it works
- Benefits for students
- A short guide to privacy and safeguarding [PDF]
- Questions? Email us at email@example.com